View Single Post
Old April 28, 2010, 12:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My first wife Elizabeth was Unitarian Christian of Anglo-Lakota-Cheyenne-Swedish American heritage when I met her. She converted to Islam on her own a few months into our relationship, and continues to be a religious Muslim following the Maliki Madhab in LA where she lives now. Our marriage lasted 5 years and religion definitely made the events leading up to our eventual divorce more amicable, but wasn't enough to save the marriage.

Clara, my second, was Agnostic from a Korean American Unitarian Christian family. That lasted for 5 years and we parted ways because she refused to move to Bangladesh.

My third and fourth wives were Bangladeshis. One of them pretty much an atheist and the other a recovering Wahabi. Not having GOD in their lives led to unacceptable behavior on occasion and no doubt my responses to that. Each one lasted 2 years, more or less.

Religion can help but obviously isn't the only factor. I prefer Theocentricity nurtured and cultivated through a Way, mentioned a number of faiths in my original post, rather than egocentricity simply because in my experience, that can create better chances for a sustainable relationship with me in it. No exclusivism or value judgment at all ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 28, 2010 at 04:03 AM..