View Single Post
Old May 1, 2010, 10:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And here is the thing, at that point we needed them to play shots. (51 of 28). I wouldnt say it was unnecessary, I guess thats where opinion differences comes in. He had to go for it, but he was out of battery and he couldn't clear it, unlike the other 3 6s he had hit, he cleared those by miles. If he wasn't tired he would have cleared it. Should hear what the commies were saying. And there's where I am giving him a 'free pass'.

And on the other hand Ash was still had lot of fire, he was still clearing the boundary, but he gave it away. He could have easily played proper cricket and finished the game. There was no need to do that at that point. IF, IF he had gotten out the way Shakib got out, I wouldnt have bashed Ash. B/c the shot was on, the shot was nessecary, and I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that if Ash had gone for Shakib's shot he woulda been out. He would've cleared the ropes easily!

May be some of you are confused about what i am saying here, let me break it down.

I am not bashing his innings. Great innings.I am bashing his shot selection.

I am not blaming Shakib, because he got out playing a proper shot, which 1 on, but got out b/c he really was troubling out there. If Shakib played scoop (like he always does) and had gotten out, I wouldnt have any sympathy for him. Woulda bashed him like Ashfool

Hope I cleared my thoughts here
Thats much better dilscoop..I dont know if you realized but that was much better written post compared 2 ur others ones and you made yourself a lot clearer..i disagree that he should have gone with that shot but we both have different views and thats completely fine..as long as you dont look very 1 sided with the players its all good..