View Single Post
Old May 8, 2010, 03:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I think the problem stems in the management and coaching. Their expectation is for us to hit specific benchmarks and not necessarily play to win. With that attitude, its hard to win or even be consistantly competitive.

I started raquetball a year ago with another friend of mine and we play some almost pro players. Whereas, I play to win vs. the better guys he solely focuses on not losing under 5 for embarassment. The difference in the results is that he always manages to score between 5-8 whereas I might get thrashed a few games here and there but I have a roughly 30% win rate against guys that have been playing for years now.

We have to as a team and as fans stop accepting mediocrity and looking at false stats as signs of improvements. Tamim's 125 was great vs. ENG but there was no pressure on the English bowlers because BD's total never looked to be threatening. Same goes for centuries scored to save innings defeats in the 2nd innings of a test. We can jump at how far Siddons has brought our stats up but at the end of the day there is no bite or motivation for this team. Poor performance does not put their spot in jeopardy.

There needs to be accountability on every single level and people starting from BCB, Selectors, Coach, Captain and players all need to pay the price when results don't happen.

If we like to put all the blames on the players and ruin even all of their careers..........keep doing it for another 100 years with the remaining areas constant....... they aren't going to improve. Our problem is not with the players ........ One guy needs to know how to teach these guys effectively....... one guy needs to know who are the talents who are sure to learn in future ....... one guy needs to know what kind of structure is necessary for producing better cricketers in the country....... that's minimum.