View Single Post
Old May 8, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
You have to hold him there.

Too many times, and too too many times, and so many times that everytime is like a rewind of some other time - BD team seems to put the opposition on the mat and then somehow lets the grip slip. We can blame it on the umpire or the individual player or a bunch of players or the whole team or on lack of killer instinct or even a bad karma. But the frequency of these happenings can easily make a heart-patient out of a normal fan.

Maybe this team is just jinxed. Or maybe it just needs a couple of players with X-factor. Or maybe it needs a psychiatrist. Or maybe a visit to Pagla Baba'r mazaar can really help. Or maybe all of this and more. I don't know. All i know is, i would personally think Afghanistan has the capability to give a better account of themselves in a few years time.

This team only had 2-3 players who really merit a place in the team. Enough said.
i dont think we lack killer instinct, its just that we dont have quality to compete with australia or pakistan. thats why even when bd got australia in trouble someone like hussey can come in and deliver a killer innings because our bowlers are not that potent in the first place. in the end , u said it right, we dont have enough good players to compete in this level at the moment.

by the way, i dont think afganistan will cross us in a few years time. infact, bd may cross india in a few years time, who knows. australia absolutely thrashed india, which they couldnt do with bd.