View Single Post
Old June 12, 2010, 09:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think there may be an issue with how guns are calibrated. all bowlers seem to bowl faster in Australia, england, SA, NZ, etc.

a few bowl slower, but for the most part the speeds seem to be higher in general. not sure what the deal is as spinners usually have the proper pace.
I think in good pitches, the bowlers get excited and have adrenaline rush..that's why they bowl faster in good pitches. In Bangladesh its pointless to try and bang it in fast unless its at an uncomfortable line & length for batsmen. Speed is indeed measured off the hand.

Regarding pitches themselves, slower pitches basically absorb more pace, hence the would reach the batsmen slower. I think a 145 kph ball only comes in at 120-130 kph at batsmen. However, a yorker which reaches batsmen on the full, will still be travelling at 145 kph. That's one reason why its harder to play.The harder one tries to bang it into the pitch, the more the pace will be lost. I don't know if our bowlers realise this when they bang it in short everywhere at sub 90 mph pace (previously sub 80 pace).

Regarding Shafiul, he can go beyond what Mashrafee promised to be. We really need to look after him. He's a good kid.