View Single Post
Old January 7, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
While they are at it, the pacers should also do a few overs around the wicket so as to create roughs for Enamul & Rafique.
Curious about this too. But 3rd day maybe still too early for Enamul's orthodox spin. I would fancy my chances with Aftab maybe for a few overs early in the morning. Being the local boy he must be toying with the idea of a few wickets.

Quote:
If we do get em short of the follow on target, but they are close enough, do we enforce it? Or we bat again and go for a quick 150 odd runs and then make them bat. I really would not like us to have to bat last in case Zim averts an innings defeat possibility.
Interesting paradox- to enforce FO or not. Habib does not have to enforce the follow-on but the temptation for such a mental attack is mouthwatering. But in the case of Zimbabwe, I feel ( a hunch) that they don't like to be in the defensive too long. So they may not be keen to sneak a draw. Anyway, the best would be to keep a good 300+ advantage after day 4, so yeah I go for additional batting .