View Single Post
Old June 28, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

well some quotes from BBC ......

Quote:
*** Breaking stat*** Breaking stat*** Wayne Rooney lost the ball or was tackled in possession more than any other player at the Fifa 2010 World Cup. Wow. Pretty interesting that. I really can' t imagine he doesn't care about not performing as he can. ***Breaking overreaction?*** Ashley Cole was filmed "laughing" as the players touched down in Rustenburg last night. To use footballing parlance, he's being 'hammered' for it. Thoughts?
Quote:
"International retirements - Carragher (again!), James, Terry and Ferdinand (sadly, great players but just too slow and/or injury prone), Upson (please!!), King. Heskey surely has to go, and I just have a feeling Lampard might call it a day."
Quote:
Deep doom and gloom abounds. The FA are baring most of the brunt. But hang on a minute! England [not a typo] won [not a typo] the European Under-17 Championship title in May, beating Spain [not a typo] 2-1 in Liechtenstein. It was the country's first age-group title since 1993. That previous triumph in (an under-18 championship) featured Paul Scholes and Robbie Fowler, amongst many others who went on to play for the senior team. Is that a glimpse of teeth I can see?
Quote:
"If ENGLAND had an ENGLISH manager we could have avoided this humiliation by not qualifying in the first place."