Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I think you're overlooking the point I'm trying to make here. But, in a way, I think I can understand it must not be easy for you to clearly see the counter arguments as you're, quite obviously, very passionate about boxing . Still, I invite you to see the bigger picture.

Here is some food for thought; if the possession of loads of cash and "things" at any cost is the way to go then wouldn't robbing banks be more of a sensible career path. At least, you wont be putting your life on the line....in an worst case scenario, you will have to do some time for the "crime". Personally, I don't think robbing banks should be considered as a crime -we just have to agree to disagree here. Moreover, to pull off any heist usually takes good planning, logistics, risk management, courage and intelligence (this, just for the purists). I think, instead of boxing clubs there should be Bank Robbery Schools at every corner.
Btw, just one lethal blow from an "Iron" Mike might be too little, too late for the corner to stop any serious damage. Never mind a deadly combination of jabs, uppercut and a knockout hook!
I have no problem agreeing to diagree with you about this matter, i can see the point you are trying to make and am simply trying to show my point of view; a phsyical sport like boxing or ufc isn't for everyone and it devides opinion. The point i made about corner stopping the bout was to show that boxing was trying to reduce the risk of serious injuries. Robbing a bank is taking money which you havnt earned, winning money from a fight is money you have earned.