View Single Post
Old July 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up.

I think al Furqaan was really highlighting the growing lack of substantial posts within the forum, and I'd have to agree with him. He's completely right about the ridiculous numbers of pointless posts. BC wasn't this way when I joined either, and that was only 3 and a half years ago. Following our strong 2007 world cup performance, new members joined in masses. I do miss the old veterans of BC, and to be honest, even I've avoided BC as these pointless posters and posts grew in numbers.

However, I also agree with Zeeshan on one point. This forum was never quite as big until that 2007 world cup, and though a lot of the older members may not enjoy the silly posts and new members, it's bound to increase, and continue will rising as the older members avoid BC. In the end, we're all fans of a sports team who obviously don't give two cahoots about our opinions, and will continue progressing whether the veterans are here or the newbies take over completely.

I personally think that there should be an increase of substantial posts, and a decrease in pointless one-liners and emoticons. Neither al Furqaan, nor I suggest that we should be a forum of psycho-analysists, but I'm sure we'd all like to keep the respectable reputation of BC, which our veterans have shaped originally, intact. We all know we were different from those Indian and Pakistani forums. Let's keep it that way.