View Single Post
Old July 22, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Handing down the key? You gotta be kidding me. This is what happens when Lord of the Rings meet Cricket. It's an online forum for Christ sakes(!) which of course doesn't entail posting of utter garbage but at the same time doesn't mean we have to give a SPORT- yes, S-P-O-R-T an air of textbook pedagogy and and a makeover of geekfest.

I mean sure some of us feel that since Bangladesh cricket needs rescuing and we should do something about it and since playing for the league and moving up the ladder is a far cry, the next best thing we should do is get down and dirty with our e-wizard wands and engage in some lengthy monograph and pedantic iDebate with someone whom we have never even met face to face thinking somehow it should send a ripple of wave down the Cosmic Consciousness to change the astrocharts of Bangladesh cricket board and patting oneself on the back for "All in a day's work" for saving the civilization from the brink of destruction before a peaceful night of sleep, but let's just not delude ourselves.... The players, the board, the coach can give a flying frack to what we do,think or say living in our little universe eating cheetos on futon in front of the pc screen as if we have the whole universe figured out.

So at the end of the day it is what it is and enjoy it for what it is. A sport which we watch for entertainment's sakes and for fun and not some intellectual exercise that somehow needs to be 'solved' by a guild of ivory tower theoreticians who feels the need of a sense of belonging beguiled that somehow they have one-up of Shakib for being able to conjure up theory with data manipulation.

Tamim, Shakib, Ash-- these guys don't need us. We need them. And we solely need them so that we have something to do between the time of picking right nose and left nose. Some may HATE them feeling disillusioned that what do these 'morons' have achieved in life to deserve this celebrity status whilst all your life you worked towards your post-depression Keynesian economic theory but truth of the matter is such is life. So yeah y'all go ahead and feel as good as you want and giggle at Mushy or cuss the f out of Ash for his illiterate English but at the end if someone clubs Gillespie for the biggest six he is in the ultimate zone of life as an immortal while you will die a rotten corpse. THEM? : Middle finger to us. US?: Banging on keyboard at 193 wpm with our podgy thumb fixing our glasses thinking we own them.

And as for the fans. That's exactly what makes BC a BC. "I" come to BC because of the eclectic members ranging from little Antora to genius like Sohel bhai. If all the codgers came to this place to form some nerdy Internet Brotherhood to engage in paragraphs of armchair theories it would be the MOST BORING place ever. It's precisely the diversity of the FANS that makes this such an exciting place. To shoehorn the natural course and dictum of the forum into some cookie cutter mould of what it should or should not be shows utter disrespect for others. And way to go by culling out some handful of members and making others feel insignificant and no I don't give a rats arse that my name is not included. Even guys like Shakibrulz and Matinsux with whose views I disagree maintains the checks and balance of the forum. And as for the other members who don't feel that the standard went down and lost the drive to post- well sorry to burst your bubbles cuz no one gives a damn; it's not as if cybersky will collapse.
I really understood this time. And I agree 100%. ZM/GB

It's the diversity of the people that brings me here. What would we talk about if there was no pro JS group (However illogical They are )

instead of stressing on intellectuality, I would preffer discussing how we can make this forum more constructive for our cricket & informative for the members, which inturn will raise the quality of discussions. What do you expect to discuss after such a bad run of BD team, while fans are not informed of the other side what they are/were thinking/planning? As fans we all are speculating and arguing on speculations to vent our frustrations on whomever we think to be the culprit for depriving us of deserved pride & pleasure.

We should have had some good interviews of the responsible people and players, digging for the truth in every possible way would have helped us to have much more substantial, constructive and meaningful discussions rathar than wild debates. Those news paper articles are not feeding us (BC Members) with the required information for sure. But all are volunteers here, and I'm greatful to all the guys who are providing this voluntary service. I know what it takes for me to come here and to keep my professional side healthy. I can't demand more from them.

CK/AL, You know when I joined BC in March 2007, I was amazed to see that many of the members knew each others personally, at times I would feel that I'm an intruder in someone elses premises. Please I mean no offense to any one, that was an honest confession of what I felt and it has no negative strings attached. And I took it as a very natural one and none could have controlled that one, I cannot tell someone to undo his acquintance. And when you know someone personally you will always understand him/her better than someone whose face/name is even unknown, forget about true personality. So there were reasons to feel at home for you with the old gurards, You know it's like my mother is the best cook.

With the addition of a lot of new members this forum has become wider and that feelings of my mothers touch has eroded a little bit. That makes some uncomfortable and brings opposite feelings to some. I won't tell that the new members are intellectually any less, But yes, I would expect the old and experienced members to come back more often and they can definitely enrich the forum & help the newbies indulge into meaningful discussions. Or it will be boring for the older members to see threads you exaustively discussed 5 years back, coming again. May be we need a volunteer (new mod) to bring up the old thread and link it to similar new thread, so that the discussions can only go forward and avoid a lots of boring repeatation posts. Only an old guard has the capacity to take such a role. We need to do something new to retain our uniqueness and quality, unfortunately questioning IQ/Intellectuality isn't the right way. We must not forget new people brings in new ideas and new generation is always ahead of the old in innovation, while old is precious & knows the way to utilize those in the right way. lets use the experience to make BC a better place and not compare old with new, it's truely uncompareable.

(Sorry can't read back to quality contol my post; will try to do it later, excuse me for any mistakes please.)

Last edited by BANFAN; July 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM..