View Single Post
Old January 10, 2005, 05:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Should Bangladesh go into the second test with the same team?

I know selectors are against wholesale changes (so am I) and they would like to stick to the winning combination but will that be the right move? Have we not given enough chance to Javed Omar? His limitation in playing short pitched stuff is now exposed to every team in the world and he will be tested with more short pitched stuff if he is given a chance in the 2nd test. Does Aftab has the mental strength to handle the pressure at test level?Way he is getting dismissed suggests that he still needs some time to groom himself to really perform well at the test level. Don't get me wrong…..I've no doubt in his potential as a Batsman but feel that we are rushing a bit with him same way we did for Ash.

My recommendation would be to drop Javed and bring in Al Shahriar or Nafees Ahmed in his place. Shariar will have slight edge considering his recent form and experience. We should bring back Alok in place of Aftab. Players will realize that nobody's place is permanent and will start to value chances given to them.

What do you say?