View Single Post
Old August 2, 2010, 12:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

As I have said before you carry the typical Dada attitude which is not so unusual as not only me but most members would understand. That is why saying something offensive and stating it as a truth is not impossible for you.

You are trying to compare us with Baluchis! When did India joined the real war, for two weeks when it was all falling apart for the country which is miles away and does not share a border with it's eastern half. No. It was never been easy for them. The technique applied against them was nowhere compared to other scenarios. There may be similarities in bits and pieces but you cannot really match a war situation with another.

We can go on with this debate and can never reach a conclusion because we share a different perspective. You were not there. Castro or Gaddafi did not need what you are saying. Again this comparison is as vague as yours.

Back to the original topic now. While questioning the India's action was right or wrong, I think as the trial of the war-criminals are underway with supports from the intellectuals from the very country which masterminded the incident, a bit of self-analysis is overdue for BD as a nation. As a nation have we been enough helpful to our neighbors, or any of the other members of the SAARC? What did we do to take the initiative to help make the region prosperous? As Neel Here mentions the US fleet, have we ever been ready to show our gratification to the US for not getting indulge into the war? Was not it been a good decision from them which should get a grateful appraisal?

We as a nation always love to criticise others and never really want to amend our own weaknesses and pay heed to our internal disabilities which keeping the whole country cripple and backward.

Also want to metion some activities of the current government who is taking stringent measures against the Jongis and also separatist fractions around the country which actually struggling to get seggregated some of the eastern regions of India. Some harldiners who are opposite to government may talk about the geo-political imbalance that is to rise because of this but they always forget the district with highest natural resource which actually drives the economy of the country also the people originated from their abroad are one of the highest source of forex was also a part of the land they are trying to liberate out. Who can say if they succeed against India they will not try to make it happen against us? At that time they will have their own country, better organized and strength to push us down.

Less importantly based on descent I won't be a Bangladeshi any more.

Last edited by One World; August 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM..