View Single Post
Old August 28, 2010, 11:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

its easier to follow EPL as out of the weekly 10 games 6-8 games are live on ESPN or Star Sports. and the timings are good for Saturdays and Sundays. and i almost watch all. because most of the games are fast paced and competitive, and the underdogs always try to put up a strong performance or resistance to upset the big boys. like fulham drew against man utd. last night wigan beat spurs. though these days some of the games sometimes become too boring when big teams like Chelsea or man utd completely dominates and thrashes opponents 4-0, 5-0. i hate to see games where there is no real competition from opponents because may be one team is playing great but the others are playing extremely poor. also the games where no big teams are involved are also very competitive but yes there will be some games where u may watch crap football by both team but those are rare in epl. may be one game in a week.

but very few La-Liga games are available live. only games involving Real Madrid and Barcelona. if u r a football fan who loves to watch ur favorite stars playing then u should watch barca and reals games, as certainly most of the fans favorite are playing their. with the good players available in their they are compulsive to play good football. but i think in La-Liga very few teams actually can put up resistance against these two. long long ago, deporotivo and betis, the mallorca, real sociedad and recently seville, valenica or atletico sometimes showing some competition. so these days i rarely follow la-liga unless real or barca are are playing a team who are in top 6-7. otherwise what i see is real or barca or dominating and thrashing a helpless team who dont have the abilty to withstand the power of real and barca. I RATHER FOLLOW SPANISH TEAMS MORE IN CL or EUROPA where they are playing against a stronger team from another country. and those games really are good quality more than often.

i always wish to see a game between two top 8 teams of la-liga excluding barca and real i.e is a game between valenica-sevilla-atletico but there are rare opportunity. also its hard to watch a game between two relegation candidates of la-liga. i really want to see how a game between them is. because such games in EPL are available. and unless i regularly watch those games i should not compare between EPL and la-liga. because if you want to compare then u have to compare all the teams and all the games.

and this debates will never have any decisive conclusion. but one big comparison in EPL and La-liga is EPL is more team-performance based, where spanish league is more individual performance of big players or latin players based. actually its easier for latin players to adapt in spain so its understandable why there are so many brazilian and argentines in spanish teams. they have two problems in england. first is the culture and second is the style of play. with more pace, tempo and aggression involved in EPL its hard for players who need time on ball to settle. as defenders is EPL will charge on u on no time. but in la-liga defenders holds off a bit and thus u see more use of individual brilliance. la-liga teams depend more on these individual performances where EPL teams are more using team strategies to counter the oppositions.

and finally if u compare the national players of spain and england, then just rewind to 2008 before spain won the euro cup. until then both england and spain were treated as nations with brilliant domestic leagues but pure national teams and overrated stars. even the raul, morientes, baraja, hiero, campo, mendieta, vicente, valeron, joaquin era could not achieve good things for spain. but since 2008 spain have gone far far ahead of england at least at international level. and england are going down.