Thread: Hebrew Qawwali
View Single Post
Old September 16, 2010, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
So by your logic since majority of the Bangladeshi/Bangladeshi-Americans are Muslims we should continuously churn out one religious thread after another?
When did I say that? Why are you assuming all Muslims like to talk about religion all the time?

If there is a great interest in religious talk, we should have threads on it (just like there is a thread on music). But it will be a problem if you open a thread for every sura or ayat of the Quran and its interpretation. An obscure ayat by itself do not deserve a thread but discussion of the whole Quran does. This is a cricket forum and people complain even about the number of threads we create for Ashraful and you can't get more "related to us" than Ashraful on a bangladeshi cricket forum. My whole point was that there was already a thread for this song that electric is enjoying. I am just wondering why he felt the need to open a new thread?

Quote:
Btw I thought a thread quality should transcend above all stereotypes and norms.
ok. What stereotypes am I showing here?

Quote:
I find your argument for the rationale of it rather weak.
It says more about you than me.

Quote:
Anyways at the end of the day, ma booty or your booty, everybody got the right to open a up a their djibouti thread.
yeah and everyone under freedom of expression have the right to burn the Quran but should they is a different story.

Quote:
Now is this is crappy thread? Absolutely.
Ok then!

Mods should merge this thread with the song thread.