Thread: Hebrew Qawwali
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 07:36 AM
Forever Bangy

Well I for one found it highly interesting Elec, thank you. I really like Sufi-inspired music, being a fan of Junoon, but don't really know anything about it. I didn't even know it was called Qawwali. This guy is great, it's good to see him helping to keep this music alive. It would be such a shame if music like this were to die out thanks to the opinions of some of our more highly esteemed members of society, like Orph and Zee (Gay? Really went for the most unoriginal and easy shot didn't ya guys? Sounds like something Ashraful would do).

As for you two.. who the eff died and made you guys lords of FC? You call the thread crappy? The fact that there is such a thing as a 'crappy' thread is ridiculous. It's an internet message board! Who takes stuff like opening threads seriously? Multiple, pointless threads about Ashraful on the main forum where people are already highly strung because of our 'performance' can not be compared to Elec, who hardly posts, let alone opens threads! If I don't particularly care for a topic, for example 'Menu for Eid'.. or how about this little gem.. 'How Much Eidi did you get?' by none other than our most righteous Lord Zee, I just don't goddamn click on it!

And Orph.. Dumb.. whatever.. what is this 'us' nonsense? To be perfectly honest, I've learnt about so many things not related to Bangladesh OR Cricket OR Religion from BC (even from you two) it makes me so appreciative to be able to read the thoughts of so many people smarter, more knowledgable or more experienced than I. Because, yes, I don't get to discuss such a wide range of topics with those I hang with, except for Fab. So if something does come out of left field on here, I'll take it and I'll be thankful for it too.

Anyway, back on topic again, sort of. Since we're talking about Western musicians being inspired in India, thought I'd let people who are interested know about this 'cultural exchange' (because God forbid I open a new thread about it). I don't know about the US, but this band Mumford and Sons are very popular in the UK and Australia, and they went on a trip to India where they engaged in a 'cultural exchange' of music. Here is a product of that: