Thread: Hebrew Qawwali
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Regarding the opening post, the suggestion that Tzur visited India and "discovered" Qawwali is highly an insulting one.

These are traditions we have grown up with and all of a sudden our tradition is "crap" and some guy raping the sanctity of Qawwali is intriguing. Good thinking. Why doesn't Tzar learn the language and then sing Qawwali. It's like singing Tagore songs in Hindi - oh wait weren't there attempt to bastardize tagore by bollywood?

To be honest, I don't think the thread is crappy but the tone of Electrequiems posts irked me. He sounds like he found the next Nobel peace prize candidate and Qawwali found its saviour.
Thanks for an on-topic reply.

1) Show me where exactly in my opening post I said he "discovered" Qawwali in India. I said he went to India and fell in love with the genre. Don't make up sh*t for your bs arguments. Or maybe you truly can't read - in that case, I apologize. Also, why would it be "insulting" if someone went to India and discovered Qawwali? WTF are you getting at, dude?

2) "...raping the sanctity of Qawwali" ... Do you have any idea how many languages "Qawwali" is sung in? Do you know how loosely defined the genre is? This has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in my life. I even highly doubt you listened to the damn songs I posted, in which case (and probably due to few others...) you are unqualified to be making judgments here.

3) Now where the effing EFF did you pick that up? Talk about exaggerations! My "tone" "irked" you? Where the eff did I even HINT that Tzur was saving Qawwali? If anything, you deserve a Nobel Peace prize for being the Knight Don Quixote - the protector of Qawwali's sanctity.

I highly doubt you even care about the fact that Tzur sang this in Hebrew. You don't give a sh*t about what you perceive to be a bastardization of the genre. If you did, that would have been your first reaction as opposed to "gay thread...what does this have to do with us ... don't open so many new threads blah blah blah" - but now, just to keep the dbag fire burning in you, you are clutching at straws.

Why so grouchy, dude? Kajer bua not lovin' you enough?

Mona,

Glad you found Tzur's stuff interesting. I've heard of Mumford and Sons, and they are pretty damn fascinating too. They seem to be channeling George Harrison's spirit.