Thread: Hebrew Qawwali
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Multiple, pointless threads about Ashraful on the main forum where people are already highly strung because of our 'performance' can not be compared to Elec, who hardly posts, let alone opens threads!
Mona, that's the dumbest logic I've heard so far. Admins & boss, like Zunaid, RS, Ahmed_B or mods like RazabQ, ATMR okay may be not ATMR also "hardly post[s], let alone open threads" but I expect them to get jumped the same if they open a crappy thread or insensitive one titled "What was Hitler's favorite food?"

Now I for one is slowly getting proselytized by Orphy -thank God it's not Rifat- that a thread SHOULD pertain and be relevant to the group of people. He did make a good point that or else anyone could've posted some random stuffs about Japanese news that no one cares.

Although Hebrew Qawali is sui generis in it's own right kind of like unclassfied platypus or like Purbasha whom you can't put in any sexual taxonomy, it may or may not deserve a thread. But I agree with elec (that's what I call him too ador kore) that if you don't like a damn thread then don't reply.

And coming back to your retarded logic mona, there are countless members here who don't post that often or let alone open threads but suddenly that doesn't give them carte blanche to open some advertising threads or a pointless thread about mating behavior of octopus or say the fourier transform of linear algebra. This is where Orphy drove it to home. On the other hand guys like offstump and Eshen opens countless "informative" threads where we shouldn't have any problem with it because if I may quote a mod [who shall remain nameless] from a private discussion: "opening threads is not the problem, opening bad threads is..."

I for one got zillion ideas that fascinates me.

- shamanistic spirit summoning of the yanomami
- polynesian tattoo
- application of Hopfield network in neural network model
- Zoroastrian cremation
- dowsing and other forms of divination
- Manning superbowl match

etcetera, but I try to refrain from opening threads simply as Sreeman Orpheus put it because one can open about any thread they want if there is no constraint.

So hats off to Orphy for.... <--- pretend i am just a choir boy from your local church....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; September 18, 2010 at 06:07 PM..