View Single Post
Old January 13, 2005, 12:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
For being too good! What other option is there, since it doesn't look as though anyone can beat them in Tests anymore (and aren't likely to in the near future either).. "play badly or get kicked out!" exact opposite of BD. Heh.

But seriously, games with Australia have become boring coz you know who will win.

Chappell fears for the game

"No game can survive when you haven't got a contest, and it's no good getting the contest by bringing a good team back to the field. The one thing the West Indians did (in the '80s) was create an environment where we all knew if we were going to compete, we had to get better," Chappell said.

"Thankfully, Australian cricket 20-odd years ago made some decisions to improve themselves and produce players who could compete at that level. I don't see anyone doing that now.

"Cricket's had crises before and it's survived, and I'm sure it will survive this, but unfortunately, I think . . . the only way we're going to see regular contests is if Australia slips back to the field, and that's rather sad."

The Age

Edited on, December 21, 2004, 2:06 AM GMT, by fab.
dude...dont mind me saying this but you really got some weird thoughts.....if you dump a team for being too good, first they are gonna sue icc and definitely win, and second, you are simply promoting crappy teams to play cricket, and thus degrading the sports as whole