Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Old October 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
don't answer uninformed. And don't speak for Islam since you don't follow it... he specifically asked this question to his "muslim" friends. OK? if you wanna answer write a disclosure like "i am not muslim and I don't know anything about it"...but this is what I think.
As an atheist I am more informed about religion than you are as a religious person. Don't be dumb.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/us/28religion.html

Quote:
Any people following the books of God (ie Quran, bible, torah) is part of the ummah...and hence can go to heaven....Not only that God judges who goes where....there are plenty of Muslims that are hell bound.
The aayah is (interpretation of the meaning): "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

The hadeeth is: "By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Saheeh, 153).

Verily, those who belie Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and treat them with arrogance, for them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle (which is impossible). Thus do We recompense the Mujrimûn (criminals, polytheists, sinners, etc.). (Al-A'raf:40)

Then, who does more wrong than one who utters a lie against Allâh, and denies the truth [this Qur'ân, the Prophet (Muhammad SAW), the Islâmic Monotheism, the Resurrection and the reward or punishment according to good or evil deeds] when it comes to him! Is there not in Hell an abode for the disbelievers? (Az-Zumar:32)