View Single Post
Old October 17, 2010, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

If you asked your question like this:

Is Ian Pont the best bowling coach BD had so far?

I would say most definitely yes. You have to understand that Pont is a level 4 coach who specializes in bowling coaching.

The reason that we are seeing so much improvement in such a short time because I think while our BD ballers are decent pace-men; they lacked in correct fundamentals (Pont made a comment about this on facebook in reply to an image of Rubel balling). I think at international level there are not much whole some improvement you can do, small subtle changes adds up in to huge improvement. I think Pont is making those small changes and making the right calls.

If pont was working with Aussie or England team, we wouldn't notice much improvement, because most of them are already decent in their fundamentals and you can only get so much better.

So I would say Pont is the best coach for teams who are lacking in fundamentals (ie, BD, Zim, NZ, WI).

I would go as far as saying that if JS leaves after WC, Pont should get the job of the head coach and we should get a separate batting coach to replace JS.