View Single Post
Old October 17, 2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Ok, declaring Pont the best because of one good series is way too drastic. I will agree that he definitely brought a huge positive change to Rubel. I was always a big Rubel fan even when many others criticized him. I always felt that he had something special, something that I haven't seen in any Bangladeshi pacer. I just hope Pont can keep up the good work and make Rubel better and better. I'd also love it if Rubel could bowl with the line and length he had bowled this series and bowled at around 140 kph. That would be fantastic.
It wasn't based on one series I mentioned it. He coached Dale Steyn when he was wild and inaccurate, and helped Darren Gough to extend his career in England by 4 years with some action changes. I have seen his website and there are lots of bowlers talking about Pont. He even once worked with Shoaib Akthar! This series has proved that something is going on with the fast bowlers that we now have the ability to control the ball and temperaments better.

All I am saying is it is a blessing we did not get Klusener. Pont is the best DEVELOPMENT coach in the world then if you agree with me. He develops bowlers far better than anyone else and this is what I meant.