View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 03:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
First off, great thread and great poll!

My first great moment of BD Cricket was when we beat Pakistan in the 1999 World Cup. I remember coming home from school asking my dad if we won the game, he told me no at first and I was pretty dissapointed, but a few seconds later when he told me that we won, I won jubilated and couldn't believe it. I rented the tape of the game as soon as it came out and watched the whole game on VCR a couple of weeks later and it still felt great.

My second favorite BD cricket memory happened when we beat India in the World Cup 2007. I remember having a hard time sleeping the night before because I kept thinking of the match. My family from Mississauga and Markham came over to our house to watch the game and there were 25 of us cheering every Bangladeshi ball, every fielding save and every frequent fall of wickets. Then when Tamim started thrashing Zaheer and co. we all were going nuts and I will never forget that. After the win, all of us went to Victoria Park and Danforth to celebrate with other Bangladeshi friends and it was a great moment.

InshAllah there will be a few unforgettable moments after this World Cup
Almost feel like I was there with you family experiencing it all!!