View Single Post
Old November 9, 2010, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
Don't want to be the spoil-sport here..but I believed at that time....and still believe that....

1. We were given test status before we were ready. We had no first-class system in place. Our whole claim was based on a win against Pakistan in the World Cup. Don't want to devalue that win..but that was a kind of ''dead" match for the Pakis as they had little to gain from it as far as the tournament was concerned (they were already through).

2. Based on performance alone, Kenya should have been given test status ahead of us. They had two victories against test-playing nations before we had any. Also, look at Zimbabwe. If test-status could have been given based on a single fluke win at world-cup, then they should have got that after beating Australia in WC 83. Instead they had to wait almost a decade !
what about the popularity of cricket in Bangladesh? I think that was also a big supporting point for our test status.and Test status has enriched our cricket as well which could not be smiler effective in case of Kenya.I think ICC had a bright future plan with our cricket and they are right you see !!