View Single Post
Old January 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Speculating nothing here.

Perhaps we can follow our favorite cricketers a little more closely.

Alok and one other traitor bad mouthed Bangladesh cricket and BCB the most harshly at the time they deserted our team for ICL.

After the ICL fell apart, as you might remember, cricketers like Aftab and SN were openly remorseful. Alok's agent tried to place him in an ICL team. Alok was pretty confident of getting an outright offer away from the bidding . He also had several opportunities to get back to the side by playing BD-A and warm-up matches. He did not, declined due to one excuse or another.

Speculating here:

Alok did not get an IPL deal - a safe speculation, would you say?
Now he is trying to get back in the side - his second preference - safe speculation?
Trust me you're not the only one here in denouncing most-things-indians. But, at the same time, we must not forsake our sense of perspectives and balance all together.

What did exactly Alok bad mouth so damningly about BD cricket? Could you please break it down? You're right I havn't followed everything THAT closely. So, I would appreciate that.

Mashrafi, Ash, Razzak and now, maybe, Shakib and Tamim will play in IPL. Does it all mean that, naturally, they have BD second? Isn't it expected that professional cricketers (or anyone else) will try to do well for themselves?