View Single Post
Old January 24, 2011, 07:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks a lot.

@ rinathq 5oth over:

Although Mash played well, but if Mash was bowling this over, he wouldnt have defended 10 runs, guaranteed. That was his weakness despite being a good new ball nowler and generally eonomical. if he was regularly bowling these last overs, his economy could be destroyed quiet a bit, Yet A fit Mash could be a good combination with Shafiul & Rubel.

It needs guts & skills of controlling the ball, to bowl the last over and defending the target. That's a natural ability, and Shafiul is distinctly ahead of Mash in that. on the other hand It's a matter of skill and experience to be able to ball the bew ball. That comes with time if a player has skills of controlling the ball. Which Shahadat didnt have, but Shafiul and Rubel has. That's why these two have the potential to be better bowlers than Mash. But as I said, A fit Mash is still desireable in the team, until Shafiul/Rubel gets that new ball bowling right with some experience. It's relatively easy.
Are u actually saying Shafiul has more guts than Mashrafee Bin Mortaza? and SHafiul has more skills than Mashrafee?
WOW
there is so much wrong with that comment i wont even bother. Clearly guts and skills have a different meaning to you.

"have the potential" yea well guess what? if i start playing from today hardcore in my league, i "have the potential" to be in Canada's national team in 2 years! which is not same as "i am the national bowler of Canada"
Shafiul is one of my fav bowlers..... u can check in my player list. However, he is not nearly close to where Mashrafee is. Face the reality. Mash have beaten worlds top batsmen where Shafi is improving! Until than, Mash continues to be the best pacer Bangladesh have ever produced and will stay like one for next 2-3 years unless, Shafi improves on a bullet speed.

Mash has the talent...... suggesting Shafiul and Rubel has more talent is foolish.

And guess what? Rubel and Shafiul are soo effective, they cannot defend a target on 295 in home ground. I dont remember Mash being in a position like that........ unless u can find one