View Single Post
Old February 2, 2011, 10:56 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
A warm welcome to Banglacricket Ian (it's pretty warm out here in Sydney...nearly 37 degree celsious)

My question to you: how did you manage to get a 148K delivery from Shahadat? He was bowling around 130K not long ago. Could you please explain what miracle have you done with him?

Also, you've mentioned Dollar as a potential fast bowling allrounder. What about Shafiul and Shahadat? As far as I remember, both of them impressed the fans here in Banglacricket with their batting abilities(Shahadat against India and Shafiul against England last year). Your opinion?
I did not say Shahadat bowled that speed recently. I said this was his fastest. But you are WAY out if you think he bowls 130 kph. he's been bowling around 140 in WC practice with the squad so far and is easily the most aggressive fast bowler in the nets.

Shafiul and Shahadat are not batsmen in the way Dolar is. S and S are both tail end batsmen who can swing the bat. Dolar COULD be a real middle/late order batter. Swinging a bat is not the same as being a batsman.