View Single Post
Old February 2, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I did not say Shahadat bowled that speed recently. I said this was his fastest. But you are WAY out if you think he bowls 130 kph. he's been bowling around 140 in WC practice with the squad so far and is easily the most aggressive fast bowler in the nets.

Shafiul and Shahadat are not batsmen in the way Dolar is. S and S are both tail end batsmen who can swing the bat. Dolar COULD be a real middle/late order batter. Swinging a bat is not the same as being a batsman.
don't intend to sound annoyingly brat-like at all, but i do have a fetish for the radar gun readings...

1) what would you say is the average pace of the guys you are working with right now? based on what i've seen, and you would know far better than me, i'd say:

Rubel = 140 kph on average
Shafiul = 135 kph
Shahadat = 128 kph (used to be 135 a few years ago)
Nazmul = 130 kph
Mashrafee (when fit) = 132 kph

2) is Shahadat improving his economy rate? Its a bit too much for him to go for 4 an over in Tests. Do you think he can get it down to 3.5 which would be a far better figure?

3) Have you had any time to look at Talha Jubair? He is usually always amongst our domestic wicket leaders. Andy Roberts saw him at age 16 and said he had the potential to be a 90 mph speedster. Not sure what his pace is these days, but according to Sohel NR, he's more accurate now.

thanks again for you time, Sir!

#OneTeam1Dream