Thread: Target: England
View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 09:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great post Nahaz bhai and enjoyed what you had to say there. I agree with you that England isn't as imposing as since they've gotten thrashed against Australia. One mistake you have made though is that Cook is not in the WC squad. It will probably be Prior and Strauss opening the proceedings. Strauss is a very good player that we have to watch out for. He has a good temperament and can play a lot of shots. Prior's a hit and miss type of player so we shouldn't have too much trouble with him. Trott is a very good player and even though not the fastest player, he does provide a quality anchor for them. Pieterson is weak against spin so I feel it won't be that difficult to get him out.

As for the bowling, Swann is their best bowler and will be a threat. So we have to watch out for him. The only pacer I'm really worried about is Anderson to be honest and we even played him pretty well. Shahzad and Bresnan are pretty good bowlers as well but with them battling injuries I see them struggling a bit.

Overall they are the better team and on paper they will be favorites but their definitely not an unbeatable team. We beat them once in their own conditions and should've beaten them in BD but thanks to the umpires we lost. We should be targeting all the teams in the group and not be afraid. We're capable of beating every team in our group.