View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's not the correct way to compare two player, at least not in this context. We are talking about No. 4 and Rahim vs Raqibul. You can't say Raqibul is a better batsman at 4, based on Rahim's avg. who comes to bat at 6 mostly (even at 7) vs Raqibul, who comes at 4. When our team is in full trouble (70/4 after 20 overs - thanks to Kayes, J and Raqibul's negative minded batting), Rahim comes into bat. Or he comes when it's 35+ overs, and he has only 10-15 overs to score some quick runs and take the team to a decent total- no time to settle in and get a good score for himself. He is not a slogger, he is not a "get-goer", but he is given that job. He never got the chance to convert his scores into something big. Just look at his test record, much better, mainly because he has all the time in the world.

Rahim's Avg @ No. 4: 30.8 in 5
R-Hasan's Avg @ No. 4: 27.36 in 36

I for one hate judging players by their batting avg. It doesn't show the full structure of a batsman. But I can tell you this, give Rahim 32 more innings to bat on at 4, he will definitely score more runs than Raqibul and avg at 40s.
Fair enough. I will discuss the matter with you after Rahim's 32 more innings.