View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 04:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
Thats a sheer falsification.. BD never supported Indian Cricket Team whole heartedly .. majority of them supported pakistan... when India and Pakistan played each other in BD...for whatever reasons.. beyond sports....
Though my roots are in BD and I am an Indian.. when I saw BD supporters whole heartedly supporting Pakistan against India...
I think this is a wrong impression... during the Wasim Akram era yes we did have a lot of Pakistan Fans... but even among my friends we were deeply divided, it was a battle between Tendulkar and Wasim... it was never the case that the entire fan base here supported pakistan...at least not to my knowledge.

Frankly there is no way everyone can whole heartedly support Pakistan Cricket team considering what their army did to our people.... Some people say they supported the pak team for their cricketing skills...thats fair enough... but i always felt it was more like 50-50... In the recent past i would say its 70-30 in favor of India...

Sidhu always speaks his mind...he is not the polished kind of personality u would expect in a TV programme...but thats what makes it fun...having a live wire who is unpredictable at times... besides everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should not let that affect us this much... We know whether we are a goose or a swan... i am sure we will prove it during the group stages