View Single Post
Old February 28, 2011, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I agree 100%. No matter you like him or not, he has unquestionably improved our batting a lot. A lot of people argue that Tamim was already a good player and he would've been good regardless of siddons - maybe but I always said the best person to see is Imrul Kayes and his improvement to judge siddons contributions.

Also, Siddons lost half of the squad to ICL, I feel Alok and Nafees would be our regulars had they not gone to ICL and we would've had a very formidable batting squad.
Sorry but I disagree. First of, he has been wrong for us as a HEAD COACH. These responsibility include strategy, PR, maturing players and getting the players in the right frame of mine.

The core of this team (Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Razzak, Mash [though out injured now]) was already in place before Siddons. Junaid came to this team as a T20 star. The ICL players mostly left because they were already out of the team rotation.

We have not improve anything worth of significance when it comes to T20 and very little in ODI. He may have taken us to batting out extra overs in Tests but that has not been to a point where it will yield a draw or a win in our favor. Bowler have been treated unfairly under his tenure.

His main success has been overpassing the below par expectation he has set himself. When you compare where we were in 2007 given the talent level available vs. where we are today it is nothing of that significance (as far as improvement is concerned). [Again I'm talking about batting]. Ireland, Netherlands and even Zimbabwe have modernized their batting to meet current standards.

Siddons was part of the most successful period of Australian cricket as an assistant. There must be a reason why Australia never even looked to retain him.