View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
sometimes in life you get upset? right? do you have control over your emotions? so you have total control over your thoughts? do you know what you will think in the next hour?
is there any guarantee?
No guarantee. sabr is the most important virtue when angry. And more than anything else... Dhikr helps, in any form. Maybe to face black magic you recite the Quran's verses as Dhikr, whereas I may simply remember Allah and seek His guidance and mercy.

All I'm saying is that Black Magic while true, is probably something I'd least associate any problem with. Having grown up in a very rational society, family and environment, Black magic really is the last thing to ever cross my mind. We all take responsibility for our own actions. What happens then as a result? Is my faith so weak that Allah won't help me rationally tackle my problems, unless I read out certain verses? Or will my intellect, self-control and ability to control my actions work?

The reason I'm debating with you on this is because many people astound me with their conviction that black magic and the evil eye afflicts them. Such an excuse is incredibly fatalistic, like saying natural calamities are God's punishment on us and so we must suffer, instead of preparing for them! Did Allah not give us any 'aql' and free will to change our fate?!