View Single Post
Old March 14, 2011, 08:44 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musfique
Thanks coach, Iam happy to be corrected, that's one of the great things about having you on the forum.

I guess the reason why I observed what I did is because, I was always taught that, if you are bowling side on, then at the point of delivery, the head is looking at the batsmen over the leading arm (ike Shoiab Akhtar), and if the action is chest on, then the head looks at the batsmen from inside the leading arm (like Mcgrath). The above is supposed help the bowler align the top and bottom part of the torso. So when I see Shafiul bowling on TV, I always thought he was bowling chest on because of the above logic.

It would be great if you can provide some thoughts on the above. Thanks.

Musfique
99% of coaches have no idea how to tell if a bowler is side on front or or mid way (semi).

All you need to look at is where the back foot points on landing in the crease. Shafiul and Mash are both sideways to the direction they are bowling. Rubel is mid way or semi