View Single Post
Old March 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Kabir,

You're harping on his past shortcomings and, perhaps, overlooking a touch his present improvements which is staggering in BD context. I dawat you to watch his batting against England again and this time with an analytical eye. I hope you will be massively impressed with the vast improvement Imrul has made so far with his batting. That knock against England under tremendous pressure the best I have seen from any BD batsman. I cant reiterate this more. Imrul's temperament, application, willingness to fight, defence, selection and proper execution of shots, single mindedness and the contagious confidence he exhibited was nothing short than a batting MASTERCLASS. If this was a Lara or a Tendulkar, I promise you, the tv pundits would have gone bonkers. The English bowlers didn't even have a sniff of getting his wicket. Thats how well Imrul batted that day. When he defended he middled it and when went for shots it found the sweet part of his bat with precision. No streaky edges whatsoever. The way he 'pushed' Shahzad straight down the ground for a FOUR was pure poetry in motion -to put in the style of an oft-repeating beyond boredom ShamChow.

This thread was to celebrate Imruls ultra professional batting performance, especially, in a Bangladesh cricket context. Of course, there will always be room for improvements. There will also be future failures. He might get out for a golden duck in the next outing but what he has acomplished here will always stick in my mind.

Last edited by BanCricFan; March 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM..