View Single Post
Old March 20, 2011, 08:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
i disagree. it does mean something. netherlands batsmen hammered the english team in nagpur, some of the english bowlers were part of the ashes campaign. the netherlands is a pretty strong batting unit. their batting might even be stronger than ours.

thats why a bangladeshi pacer dominating the netherlands batting is significant.
netherlands played against england on a flat indian track, where both teams scored 290+. keep in mind, england were rusty in this entire tournament, even canada gave them a run for their money in the warm up game.

playing in bangladesh is a lot harder. besides, netherlands never played in bangladesh before if i am not wrong.

their batting is better than ours? really? they lost 6 games out of 6. they are the 2nd worst team in this world cup, even kenya scored 240+ against australia that does not mean they are good.

we can not be satisfied with performances against netherlands, they are an associate nation. bottom line is, shafiul failed miserably with the ball against top oppositions. only thing i am impressed about shafiul is his slogging ability.

Last edited by wasi90lkv1; March 20, 2011 at 08:45 PM..