View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 01:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

golod bhai batting e, middle order batting e. we had that late order hitting problem from way back, maybe since world T20. (remember our strategy then? our strategy was scoring 100 runs in 10 overs, with the loss of 2 wickets, caus we knew our later order batsman cant hit).

but that is an accessory problem if u consider the bigger problem being our middle order cannot hold their own against a decent bowling attack. we need some responsibility in the middle order. before trying with the completely new lot, we shud throw in the current players, and try all of them in the middle order. mahmudullah, naeem islam shud be given chance there. they both have decent list A average, and they shud be tried out. maybe jahurul islam can be given a chance against the aussies. he did decent against the english in tough conditions, he might do well against the aussie pace.

i know ashraful is not the best pick to go back to, but i think he shud be given a chance as the later order player.

tamim
imrul
shahriar nafees
mahmudullah/jahurul
shakib
mushfiq/mithun ali/dhiman ghosh
ashraful/mahmudullah
razzak
shafiul
rubel
shuvo/naeem

problem is, bowling will be fine against the aussies, i am quite sure of that. but the batting will probably fail again. we need to try out our best with the current lot, because bringing in new players against the aussies will not be a good idea at all.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then