View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
Gosh... Ian .. I am an Indian but a big fan of BD cricket... but I am just surprised to see coaching stuff spending so much of time and effort on fan forum... it works both way I guess... one way it is refreshing to see that team official is directly communicating with the fan base but on the other hand typically it make sense not to engage verbatim debate with fans... because as a bowling coach of national team .. it just dilutes the credibility .. just my 2 cents.. I am sure you are way more experienced on a professional circle... than me.. however after following through the thread of your posts.. I think you might come out as over-selling...again not to show any disrespect but .. coming from a complete outsider point of view...

plus the butterfly delivery... if someone can't deliver it during the most important tournament.. that comes once in every 4 years.. whats the use of it? hopefully in future we will get to see some versions of it...
I have to strongly disagree with you about being on this forum.

I feel it ADDS credibility to engage with fans because people know I am human like them, have feelings like them, am a supporter like them and not stuck in some ivory tower thinking I am better than everyone else.

Yes I know cricket probably far better than people on here but we all have opinions (even you ) and they are to be respected.

I hope I try to rationalize and explain my view point and not 'over-sell' as you call it? Fans deserve a full answer and I am not afraid of the truth if I can reveal it to them.

Many fans do not fully appreciate the nuances of the game and sometimes say things that simply are not correct. But I will always defend a fans' right to say it

PS> oh and yes ..what IS the point of learning a new skill in a few weeks if you cannot use it at the WC. I will instruct the bowlers to forget all about it.

Last edited by Ian Pont; March 22, 2011 at 01:21 PM..