View Single Post
Old March 26, 2011, 01:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Keeping in mind the sheer volume of obnoxious fans in India, I think we are the most passionate, enthusiastic and knowledged cricket fans in the world. And I really hope this sentiment isn't coming across as a biased one.

With the T20 World cup coming up next, hosting these 8 matches gave a good glimpse of what cricket means to the people in Bangladesh.
Don't have so much faith on all our fans. Even in thisworld cup, till now our record is the worse. We are not as much a powerhouse of cricket. It will take a lot more than stoning incident for the fans to realize/educate the fans, what they shouldnt do.

Our fans to quiet uneducated things. Like after every big match losing party breaking stadium and gulistan markets is a normal practice by the fans, was quiet normal. I know cricket has a better mix of fans but a minority element can create quiet a lot of damage.

IMO, Our actions aren't yet controlled/matured enough like the Srilanka or Indian fans. Fans will mature with the team.