View Single Post
Old April 4, 2011, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I think this XI lineup in this order should have reasonable success(just purely based on potential ):

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Shuvagoto(may Allah protect this kid from too much hype getting into his head )
4. Nafees(same as above )
5. Rahim(wk)
6. Shakib
7. Alok Kapali(same as #4 and #3)
8. Mashrafee
9. Shafiul
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

12th man: Shuvo(currrently, just based on world cup observations he is the best fielder: again based on potential only)

I like this XI because:

*) PONT is a huge fan of three pacers, i think we should have a senior pacer in the side. I personally would have preferred Shahadat instead of Drama/injury prone Mashrafee( but given his experience/ potential + good will to serve the country + anti-obhimani attitute i will take him as our strike bowler)

**) we have effective part time timers in kapali hopefully unlike Ashraful will also shine with the bat!

***) this looks like a decent batting Lineup who can easily get you around 280-300(again based on potential) on a very good day. on bad days i highly doubt this XI will falter below 150 but hey this is Bangladesh!

****)I like Riyad a lot, if shuvagoto is not tried i would like to see Riyad at #3. I feel that he has genuine chance at building an innings and people can build a solid innings around him and he can add stability to our low scoring top order.

*****) I was a bit shocked to Junaed Dropped! I felt that our world cup might have been more fruitful if Junaed and Riyad swapped spots...because Siddique i feel is one of the best players of batting powerplay with his fearless strokes. if he was in the XI, swapping him at #7 with Riyad at #3 would probably have been more fruitful!

******) Shakib should always bat down the order, he needs to calm down a bit, he needs to stay until the batting powerplay is taken. this lineup has a good potential in the batting powerplay: 6. Shakib 7. Kapali 8. Mortaza. all of them has good potential to score quickfire sensible runs!

Good thread ShakibRulz! hopefully our man Shakib will regain his 'senses' => come down to earth and perform like he usually does!