View Single Post
Old April 10, 2011, 07:28 AM
Club Cricketer

How many of u agree wd me that coach is no more required for BD team but a strategist or at least we badly need an on field Strategist who will advise the batsman and the bowler how to approach as per the required situation. I am sure if we had a strategist we would have not lost the game or at least make a game out of it and not looked so embarrassed instead we would have come head high at the end of the match had Mashrafee or Shafiul were sent earlier to increase the run rate, if Tamim was asked not to go for a second six, he could have easily taken a single on that particular over and saved his wicket, that's the basic of cricket that once u struck a 4 or 6 next u take a single, Mushfiq and Mahmuddlah should have accelerated little earlier than what they had shown in the end.

Similarly the bowling strategy was also not encouraging, why open with fast bowler from both the end? we were fine with one spinner from one end, that's what we were doing for the whole world cup, isn't it? also many more tactical mistake's were there in the bowling department which I personal think if we had someone like Naser Hussain ( Ex England captain ) or anyone who can be strategist and an on field planner than we will definitely do better then what we are doing currently.