View Single Post
Old April 18, 2011, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Its always good to have a SCF thread opened by Sohel.

I have no expectation from my Pens. They are hard workers, but short on skill right now. We can't score goals. So, if we don't play great defense, we have no chance. And, the PP is non-existent. When a team like ours is built on Centers, missing two of the best five centers in the league is a tall task indeed. Still, big kudos to Danny B for changing our style on the fly late January, knowing we won't have those guys back. One benefit : I can watch the playoffs more objectively. Tampa will beat us in six. We will scrap for another win, maybe two..

East : Montreal is going to beat Boston. Caps are good defensively this year. I think they will handle Rangers. Philly is probably the deepest team in East. I look for them to come out against Buffalo, unless Miller steals the series.

West : Hawks are done. Red Wings beats Coyotes. I think the Preds-Ducks go game 7. Sharks are much better than Kings and will eventually come out.

I do have a new found appreciation for Red Wings way. Why? After we realized we will be shorthanded rest of the season, Michigan boy Danny B announces in Jan that Pens will follow the Red Wings model ( much to my disappointment ). What is it? Its playing defense as a five man unit. Everybody back checking, puck possession, and grind out your opponent by crashing the net. We have had some success doing exactly that in regular season in later months. But, obviously we are missing the elite talent to take advantage of power plays and goals scoring. But, a great model nonetheless. And, when Danny B says it, I have to admire and follow the Wings model to see what he is talking about. He is the coach of the year in my book, even though we will get bounced very soon..