View Single Post
Old April 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default The order of the jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
They like ireland deserve a series?
I too wish we played afghanistan. I propose we verse our full strength Rajshahi, Dhaka and Sylhet teams for two 4-day matches.

Our A-teams should visit Ireland and play them for 3 four day matches and 3 one-dayers.

After the two tours are completed, we shall then see if the Irish and Afghan supporters give us more respect or less. It shall be a challenge.

For the record, the A-team shall smash Afghanistan.

West Indies will struggle to win a one-day series in Bangladesh (against the Tigers) and may lose a 3-test series as well. In West Indies, different story.

That is where I see us standing.

Playing all these teams shall be higly beneficial to us. Playing our state teams against the fringe international sides shall motivate the state teams to train outside of the regular season, and in my opinion is important for the establishment of the state teams as an integral part of our circket culture.

Having been not that far away from Japan's level 20 years back, I think we should regularly play our teams against Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Netherlands.and once a year with Nepal or Afghanistan and the like. We have a duty of care towards other developing nations. So do other test nations, but obviously they couldn't care less if it didn't bring them any money.