View Single Post
Old May 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Gowza! How ya been, mate? Long time...I think you were gone during the world cup and even months prior to that. Hope all is well and life rather than misfortune is the reason for your departure.

Back to topic:

Out of the uncapped batters, Anamul has put his hand up more than anyone else. He's scored at every level he's been given a chance. The 169 against SA Academy was quite impressive as two of the bowlers each had 100+ first-class wickets to their names. Had he scored 169 in a high score draw played on a belter, we would be jumping. But he did in an innings victory. Everyone else has been a domestic bully like Jahirul was last year (Shubhagoto) or not performing at all levels (Asif Ahmed Ratul).

On second thought, I'd prolly take Shaker over Razzak in my fifteen. Dunno why someone has mentioned Robiul Islam, as Tapash Baisya has a better chance of being selected. In fact, with Naeem and Riyad both certain to play in the starting XI, we may not need another SLA to go along with Shakib. Naeem and Riyad are both decent spinners, and that should be enough to take 20 wickets against Zim at a good cost of runs.
No Baisya doesn't have a better chance then Robiul. He was the 2nd best wicket taker in the previous A team series. In the 4 day matches specifically. And him being in the A team shows that he's still in the fold. I feel we were too quick to judge the guy. His only match was against England which was in Lord's. It's unfair to judge him against the 3rd best test team in the world. I don't think he should be in the ODI fold but he should be a test prospect for sure.