View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
All people have the right to fight for what they believe in. You can call Hamas terrorist's, but one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Hamas also sets up schools, hospitals, runs the rafah borders. They actually stand up for palestine. Ahmad Yasin dies for his nation, as did Mujibur Rahman.
Despite the cliche about terrorists and freedom fighters...you couldn't be further from the truth.

Everyone has a right to defend themselves and to fight for a cause, and if compelled to defend that cause through violence so be it....But your attempts to draw parallel between the Palestinian struggle and that of our nation are wide of the mark.

Under no circumstances should we excuse the bombing of civilians, homes, schools and buses. I shed no tears for those who die in armed conflict while a protagonist, but I will not let personal bias real or imagined excuse the murder of children, women and the elderly be they muslims, christians or yes Jews.

It is wonderful that you point out the social work Hamas does in the territories ala Hezbollah in Lebanon, which gains it sympathy, popularity, and credibility with the masses.

But that doesn't take away from suicide bombings in bus stops, cafes, buses, or malls.

I'm sure the Pakistani scum who were raping women and girls in this country, and murdering hundreds of thousands, also had families, and were well liked by their neighbors, and possibly even donated money to the local mosque every Jummah. But they were and are still, just that...SCUM.

I fear you're going to next tell me Al-Qaeda and its off shoots are also freedom fighters.