View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
^^^ Okay so, doesn't it show that Palestine is suffering from Israel wayy more? I am just wanting to learn as you can see. Of course general mass of every country may be good. I didnt say anything bad about them either!

Yup, they have without doubt suffered more and without doubt there have been more casualties, but what I'm trying to say is, even 1 innocent death is too many, and we need to condemn unconditionally.

So we need to look at it like this....

Innocent Israelis getting killed by terrorists = BAD.

NOT

Innocent Israelis getting killed by terrorists = well, it was only 10 people, the Israelis last week killed 35.

That line of thinking doesn't help anyone, and stops both sides from looking at the other side as Human Beings.

*I don't pretend to know EVERYTHING with regards to this issue, and certain am not arrogant enough to think my opinions are more valid than that of others, so apologies if I come across that way. But I've traveled all my life, and lived amongst Jews/Christians/Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs/Atheists and in the end believe it or not, most people just want to get on with their lives.

The average Israeli/Jew doesn't wish of taking over the middle east and running the Palestinians into the sea, just as the average Arab/Muslim doesn't dream of wiping the Jews off the face of the map or destroying the west. I just find too many people paint themselves into one corner or the other, and then refuse to budge.

All of us have to be a lot more open minded about things.