Old June 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

a quizzed at ‘safe ho_
Sports
Thursday, June 16, 2011Sports
Siddikur revisits 'turning point'
Sports Reporter

The Queen's Cup golf tournament in Thailand is set to get underway today in Samui, Thailand, with Bangladesh golf sensation Siddikur Rahman leading the field as the highest-ranked player on display.

Siddikur, who is second on the Order of Merit, has good memories of the course as it was here that he notched up his first top-10 finish on the Asian Tour.

“It was my turning point. Finishing top ten, gave me the experience and confidence to compete on the Asian Tour,” he told the Asian Tour website. Siddikur went on to finish seventh on the Order of Merit last year after becoming the first Bangladeshi winner on Tour by winning the Brunei Open.

“I like this place and I am looking forward to the week. It's not an easy golf course. I have my expectation which is to try and win the tournament and hopefully I will get that,” added Siddikur.

He will face competition from a strong roster of players that includes title holder Tetsuji Hiratsuka of Japan and Thailand's Prom Meesawat, who after a promising start to his career fell to the wayside, and after being treated by a sports psychologist insists that he has what it takes to win the event.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=190132