View Single Post
Old June 23, 2011, 09:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkFalgun
really? how about Rasel's performances in debut against Sri Lanka, WC 2007, first ever T20 WC etc? he has time and again proved that although limited, he is a very intelligent bowler with the abilty to build pressure on batsman with tight economy rate and force him playing the bad shoy (esp if pitch is slow and swinging) who can bat a bit. With all the experience, he is my ideal pick in limited over matches with Masrafee & Shafiul, if fit. Rubel is an inconsistent fast bowler who often goes expensive and still quiet a luxury for BD cricket in limited overs, although he will keep getting his fare share of games with fitness issues of other pacers. Hope his all round bowling improves like his slow bouncers (thanx Ian).

As for the test format, I completely agree with you- Mashrafee, Shahadat and Shafiul is the way to go.

I have high expectations from Shafiul as our future face of pace.
totally disagree with this. I used to think same way too, until I closely observed his bowling patterns. Rubel bowls according to a set plan, which is the mark of a hard working bowler. I saw him in New Zealand's tour of Bangladesh, and that is when he bowled the whole test series with one single plan. he stopped giving away runs too. in my eyes, he is quite unlucky not to have turned in match winning performances and limelight like shafiul. shafiul is a crafty bowler too, but I would pick Rubel if the choice is between them two. Rubel was the most consistent bowler in the world cup also.

a fit mashrafe trumps both, but mashrafe hasnt been the same since west indies 2009. we dont know when or ever we will get the old mashrafe back. till then, we have to do with Rubel, who can bowl up to 93-94 mph on a fast pitch. (Yes, thats true!)
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then