View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Nakedzero Ziad bro, very important and good thread~! This is the most neglected side of BD cricket. And BD needs to comply with ICC as a full Test member and required to maintain a certain standerd and level of women's cricket in the local scene, league nationwise. But BCB has been completely lathergic, unwilling to push this yet. I mean there should be an uproar from the women's half of the population, that this needs to be DONE. BCB has to show serious concern for this.....I mean on the other hand our womens' cricketers from the BD women's league didn't get paid for MONTHS last year, year before...they had to litterally beg for their rightful earning which is BTW is peanut shell/nothing (and I am caling it nothing because it is indeed nothing right next to the massive amount of money that BCB gets from ICC and the massive amount of money that they waste every year and we all know how, and for a society and a nation that is suppossed to be and should be about equal rights for both it's male and female citizens.)..and those cricketers had to beg for their salary even after they performed the work months, I mean months ago! They are always mistreated and never ever respected properly as proper athletes, let alone as national treasures which they are, by the BCB officials and look we found out recently some of them were called "Dushto Meye" ...what does it mean? As Tigers_eye bhai said, any sport needs strong character and strong discipline and toatlly agree with T_E bhai...if there are unruly members, discipline them accordingly or even kick'em out of the team...I mean you guys hear me what i am saying....this is not even at primery school stage level of creating cricket or cricketers, and we need to have professional level women's cricket!

We need to look for Kathbirali apu, our BC member, the Joan Of Arc of BC who is the lone fighter here, the progress and proliferation of women's cricket in Bangladesh!

Hey guys, I am sorry...this post is not finished okay, I will have to come back later....my wife's yelling at me!

Quote:
এছাড়া যাদের দক্ষিণ এশিয়ার বাইরে বড় দলের বিপক্ষে খেলা হয়নি, হুট করে তাদের আয়ারল্যান্ড সফর সুখকর নাও হতে পারতো। বিশ্বকাপের বাছাই পর্বের খেলাও তো হবে বাংলাদেশে। সেদিক থেকে বিবেচনা করলে ভারত, পাকিস্তান বা শ্রীলঙ্কাকে আমন্ত্রণ জানিয়ে হোম সিরিজ খেলতে পারলে বেশি উপকৃত হবে দল। রেদোয়ান বলছেন,“যেহেতু আয়ারল্যান্ড হচ্ছে না। এখন চেষ্টা করবো উপমহাদেশের কোন দলের বিপক্ষে খেলতে, যদি সম্ভব হয়।”
Bharot and Srilanka are even tougher than Ireland women's team....But yes, the Irish women's team is really up high there, far stronger than Pakistan, West Indies...The strongests in intl women's cricket are

Australia
England
India
New Zeland
South Africa
Srilanka
Ireland

so same as the men's cricket (first 6 countries) and then we have Ireland whose women's team is top class

Quote:
এবছর ১২ নভেম্বর থেকে ২৭ নভেম্বর ১০টি দল নিয়ে ঢাকায় হবে মহিলা ক্রিকেট বিশ্বকাপের বাছাই পর্বের খেলা। ইংল্যান্ড, অস্ট্রেলিয়া, নিউজিল্যান্ড, ভারত, শ্রীলঙ্কা, পাকিস্তানকে বাদ দিলে বাংলাদেশের জন্য সপ্তম স্থানটি বরাদ্দ থাকে। অবশ্য দেশের সুবিধা কাজে লাগাতে পারলে বিশ্বকাপে খেলার যোগ্যতা অর্জন করলেও করতে পারেন বাংলাদেশের মেয়েরা।
Liten to this...this is exactly what I am talking about....it's like, "tomaderke tow shob kichui dewa hoeche, iccha korlei tumra paro Himaloy joy kortey...keno korona..etc. etc. type dhojo probaad bullee...as if the system, the gyms, the net practice, the pitches, the leagues ...it's all there ...the big money for this poor girls...and they are just not taking advantage of it...BCB here has no clue that it is them who will have to make them, make all these things happen, then good professional players will start to breed and come out...

Quote:
এদিকে বিশ্বকাপের বাছাই পর্বের প্রস্তুতির জন্য শনিবার ৩০ সদস্যের দল ঘোষণা করবে বিসিবি। বৃহস্পতিবার প্রধান নির্বাহী (সিইও) মঞ্জুর আহমেদ জানিয়েছেন, ভারত থেকে মেয়েদের জাতীয় দলের জন্য একজন মহিলা কোচ আনার চেষ্টা চলছে

Probably the best news I have heard in a long time regrarding our women's cricket and our women's national team!