View Single Post
Old July 18, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Fountain demands swift payment

Quote:
Former fielding coach of Bangladesh cricket team Julien Fountain has criticised the Bangladesh Cricket Board for not

completing his payment before appointing his successor.

Fountain, who was shown the door by the BCB in April in the aftermath of a low-key World Cup performance, arrived in Dhaka last week to collect his personal belongings.

He was expecting a reappointment as was promised by the BCB high-ups and thus did not vacate the house that was provided to him.

But his hopes were dashed last week when the BCB named Australian Jason Swift as the new fielding coach of the Tigers for the next two years.

‘I think I deserved better treatment from the board. They did not renew my contract even after giving me a verbal assurance,’ a disappointed Fountain told reporters on Sunday.

The BCB admitted to the fact that they are yet to clear his payment but promised to complete the job shortly.

‘Yes, I got to know that his payment has not been fully cleared. But it should not be an issue. I have already asked the finance department to complete it,’ said Enayet Hossain Siraj, the chairman of cricket operations committee.

Meanwhile newly-appointed fielding coach Swift, who replaced Fountain, is confident about making the Tigers a better fielding unit despite knowing that laziness is a common trait among sub-continental players.

‘I have dealt with some lazy customers before and managed to get the best out of them. I am sure we will find a way here and that is what coaching is all about,’ Swift told reporters.

Swift, an ECB Level 4 qualified coach, who was previously involved with Lancashire county club, hoped that it would be easier for the Tigers to become a good fielding unit as the side consists of a lot of young legs.

‘Nothing helps like fresh agile legs to be a good fielding side. I don’t think there needs to be a lot of changes,’ Swift said.
Source.