View Single Post
Old July 22, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Lawson: Rubel not impressive, says he's only half fit & Fast Bowling Prospects very promising no different than Australian Teens

Quote:
Staff Correspondent

If GP-BCB Academy’s short-term coach Geoff Lawson is to be believed then Bangladesh will tour Zimbabwe with most of their fast bowlers half fit at best.

Fast bowler Shafiul Islam already complained of a stiff shoulder and a sore back while Robiul Islam received four stitches in his forehead following a clash of heads in the dressing room at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

Lawson has now cast a shadow on the fitness of Rubel Hossain, who along with Shafiul and Robiul, is set to form Bangladesh’s pace attack in the one off Test series against Zimbabwe.

‘He doesn’t look particularly fit to me,’ Lawson told reporters on Friday. ‘I have seen him in the academy ground and it seems he needs more fitness work.’

Lawson, who will leave today after completing his one month stint with the Academy, has also gone through videos of Rubel, known to be the fastest bowler in the country but is not impressed with his bowling action.

‘I have seen him in patches. I saw the videos and just observed, though I haven’t been asked to deal with the national team,’ said Lawson.

‘I think he needs to do a bit of work with his bowling action too,’ said Lawson, the former head coach of the Pakistan national team.
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/27193.html